eProperty Rentals advise our select portfolio of clients that keeping their properties in a well-maintained condition is good business sense. If you keep your investment well maintained, its growth value is assured. So is the happiness of your tenant. A happy tenant looks after your property better than an unhappy one.
Not only that, your maintenance and repair fees are tax deductable. You can see how spending a bit of maintenance money can result in a win-win situation. The bottom line is that we cannot predict some situations. An emergency can arise at the most inopportune moment. In some circumstances rendering a property’s inhabitants homeless.
What to do In Unforeseen Circumstances
Usually, if a large appliance is going to break down there will be evidence of a slow deterioration. Every now and then something out of the box will arise, creating an emergency situation.
To quote the residential tenancies authority (rta), an emergency is if one of the following should occur:-
Emergency repairs are repairs for:
- a burst water service or a serious water service leak
- a blocked or broken lavatory service
- a serious roof leak
- a gas leak
- a dangerous electrical fault
- flooding or serious flood damage
- serious storm, fire or impact damage
- a failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the property
- a failure or breakdown of an essential service or hot water, cooking or heating appliance
- a fault or damage that makes the property unsafe or insecure
- a fault or damage likely to injure a person, damage property or unduly inconvenience a resident of the property
- a serious fault in a staircase, lift or other common area or premises that unduly inconveniences a resident in gaining access to, or using, the property
All other repairs are considered to be routine repairs.
As a small family run boutique business we offer service that is second to none.
Rest assured we are on the job 24/7 and can be contacted on our emergency number should one of these unfortunate events occur in a property we manage.
In the unlikely event that a tenant cannot contact us, our emergency contractors are listed on our website. Please see here Tenant Resources | e Property Rentals.
We have personally selected and qualified an experienced team of tradesmen who are only a call away, should you require any assistance. These include an electrician, plumber and locksmith.